Sunday, March 13, 2011

Rainbow Cupcakes-a dessert that makes you smile, too!

For my 26th birthday, my awesome friends treated me to these adorable cupcakes.
In January, while I was tremendously busy being unemployed pursuing my education career, I decided to replicate thee cupcakes for a friend's 8 year old daughter.  (It is not lost on me that young children and I share similar preferences in the dessert and glitter areas of life).  I doubled the recipe given here:  http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/05/colorburst-cupcakes/
Because I wnated to use 6 colors instead of five.  Gel food colors are a must here--I had access to a variety of Wilton's hues.  Even though I doubled the recipe, I baaaaaaarely made 24 cupcakes.  These would probably work better if you tripled the recipe, and then bake them in a jumbo-sized cupcake pan.  I would use whatever type of frosting makes you happy. (For me, that would be strawberry cream cheese frosting).

This is how they came out
The verdict?  AWESOME!!  So awesome that another child has already copied the idea on their birthday.  That is the highest compliment a child can pay you.

No comments:

Post a Comment