Saturday, April 16, 2011

Off to the big city...

Sooo I have a cold, and I have been too tired to post, what with the cupcake frenzy I've been in, but before I head up to NYC to taste some delicious cupcake love, I wanted to share a recipe for pecan pie cupcakes.  A long time ago, I decided I wanted to make pecan pie cupcakes for my grandmother, who is elderly and sweets make her happy.  When I was a kid, we took her on our family vacation to Gulfport, MS, and I remember stopping at a Friendly's where she ordered her sundae with pecans.  And she pronounced it pee-CAN, and my mom had always said pe-cahn.  This invasion of southern pronunciation by a northerner perplexed and fascinated me, and I have enjoyed calling them pecans ever since.  My mother carted these cupcakes up to her, and she ate most of one-success!! 
Pecan Piue Cupcake recipe 

No comments:

Post a Comment