Thursday, August 16, 2012

Slice of Americana: Persnickety Cakes

This summer, Persnickety Cakes had a great Specialicious deal.  I collected on my cupcakes this summer, and I was beyond pleasantly surprised.  First, they suggested I pre-order, so I could choose from their *entire* menu of cupcakes.  Second, this bakery is situated in Old Town Manassas, just steps from the Pavilion, which was filling the air with the sweet sounds of bluegrass music.  It feels like you got on the old-fashioned car ride at Kings Dominion, and took a trip back in time.  During these last few weeks of summer, take a mini-trip out west of the 'burbs to enjoy this gem of Americana.
My pick: Strawberry Shortcake
This is my *signature* cupcake, and it was AMAZING.  The cake was light as a cloud, the strawberry tasted berrylicious, and the whipped cream frosting perfectly complimented the flavors.  Will definitely return for another!
Other enjoyable flavors:
Caramel Cafe




Coffee 



No comments:

Post a Comment