Wednesday, September 12, 2012

CupcakeCampDC 2012

The results are in!
And I had a hand in them!  I was so excited to serve as a judge for this year's CupcakeCampDC event, which unites novice and professional bakers in competiton to see which cupcake packs the most delicious & unique flavors with beautiful presentation.
Judges' top choice?  The Chicken & Waffle Cupcake by Joel Gill of Josie's Confections
Maple cake, with maple buttercream, a Belgian waffle and fried chicken.
Why I l<3ved it: I have never tasted a better combination of sweet & savory, ever, in a cupcake.  Last year, I saw a picture of a chicken & waffle themed cupcake and decided I wanted to make one.  Having tasted Joel's, I know it is pointless to try my own, having tasted perfection.  If you weren't lucky enough to grab one, hopefully I will be one day bringing some to a Superbowl party near you.

My other fave:   Salted Caramel Apple by Monika Geraci
This cupcake was described as an apple spice cake, filled with salted caramel, and topped with cream cheese frosting.

The judges differed on some cupcakes, but definitely not this one.  Soooo heavenly and the weather is now perfect for just such a cupcake.

More on other cupcakes to follow.......congratulations, winners!

1 comment: