Saturday, February 4, 2012

Just Like Peanut Butter Heaven

It may seem like I haven't been busy with cupcakes, but I totally have!  I've just spent so much time on the job hunt grind, I either a) don't want to spend another second on the net (Does anyone say "net" anymore? Prob. not...), or b)feel guilty taking time away from said hunt to write a blog about cupcakes. 
A few weeks ago,  my mamacita and I sported out to Reston.  During an absurdly warm winter, we happened to pick the one day that was frrrreezing cold.  To warm up, we entered Red Velvet Cupcakery, which also has locations in Arlington & D.C. 

Naturally, I wanted to try a Southern Belle cupcake.  Honestly?  I'd love to BE a Southern Belle, and or a cupcake named after a Southern Belle, in my next life.  This is a Red Velvet, though for the life of me, I don't get the obsession with this specific cupcake.  It is an artificially red cake that is not chocolatey enough for me to fall in love.  But I had to get one, after all, the entire company is named after this dessert.
Southern Belle
The frosting was really good-it's hard to go wrong with cream cheese frosting.  The cake was okay, but nothing special.  But I'm not a Red Velvet lover, so maybe its beyond me to fully appreciate this cupcake.

LUCKILY, on a whim, I also wanted to try a Peanut Butter Cup.  Thank goodness I did, because that was AH-mazing.  I don't usually choose peanut-butter/chocolate cupcakes when I'm out and about, but when the fancy strikes, this is as good as it gets.  My favorite candy is anything Reese's, so I feel qualified to state how awesome this cupcake is. 
Peanut Butter Cup



When we left, my mom got excited about the bowl of water Red Velvet has outside for dog owners.  We're thinking when the weather warms up, we might return, plus a fluffy Cocker Spaniel named Rudy!





No comments:

Post a Comment