Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cupcake Travels: North by Northwest Ohio


Recently, I prepared to hit the road for my cousin's wedding in Toledo, Ohio.  This is a looooooong trip-minimum 9 hours-so I jazzed myself up for the journey by looking up cupcakeries in the area.  And you know what?  I found one!
Cake in a Cup is an adorable little cupcakery located in the western Toledo suburbs.  They are currently revamping their site, but I knew this place would be great as they have a rotating daily cupcake menu.  We waltzed in on St. Patrick's Day, and discovered many leprechaun-inspired treats, including Green Velvet cupcakes. 
My mom and I decided to try the Snickerdoodle and Black & Tan.
Snickerdoodle



I *love* cupcakes inspired by other desserts,and in this case, inspired by the famous buttery cookie rolled in cinnamon sugar.   When I ate the cupcake, I was stuffed full with delicious wedding cake.  But I dutifully pressed onward, tasted it..and it was sensational.  I personally did not care for the marshmallow buttercream frosting, but the cake was excellent.  It was light, airy, and magically infused with sweet cinnamon sugar.  I am so glad we ventured out to this cupcakery, if only for this cupcake.


The next day, we tried the Black & Tan, chocolate-stout cupcake.  
Black & Tan

The chocolate cake was light and fluffy, but I failed to taste the stout.  The frosting had substance without being too sweet.  This cupcakery is 2 for 2!


Finally, I want to say I am blessed with such wonderful family.  In times of dark clouds that had me blind (quite literally), they helped me have bright sunshiney days again.  During awful times, when I was walking around in a detached daze, they helped bring me back to life.  I am grateful for every last one of them.

I wish my cousin Erin all the happiness in the world, and many bright sunshiney days!

No comments:

Post a Comment