Sunday, March 11, 2012

Life is Good

Ooy.
It has been a long week on the job hunt.  I am making progress, and things are looking up, but then I hit a point where I feel like this process takes way too long and I am losing my mind.  And I cannot even blog, because every moment not devoted to writing essay responses or finding teacher positions makes me feel guilty.  What do I do to fix that?  The answer is the same response I gave in an interview about what motivates me.
I am motivated  by happiness, and simple things bring me great joy.  I believe in surrounding myself with things that make me happy.  
Recycled art sign from TN that always makes me smile, and reminds me to have hope.  The roses are from my dad's funeral, and have amazingly held up over ten years, even through moving
Pink coffee pot with a mug that makes me smile       
Encouraging words-knowing someone is rooting for me.
The coolest decorative block EVER,  a gift from my BFF, and a card from my student teaching class.    

My door, decorated with notes, artwork, rainbows...every time I second-guess the sacrifices, or whether I made the right choices about my career, I look at my door, and I relax, and know teaching is what I was meant to do.
It may all seem silly, or quirky, but these things bring me joy and motivate me.  Especially when the going gets tough, surrounding myself with positivity helps me smile as I sing along to my current theme song.

No comments:

Post a Comment